Cambodian speciality: for the Khmer New Year which takes place from April 14th to 16th 2023, our colleague Chansinith has concocted a typical recipe of his country, the Khmer chicken curry. So get cooking!
KHMER CURRY CHICKEN
List of ingredients
- Chicken : 1kg
- Coconut milk: 50cl
- Kreuong paste (5 lemongrass to grill, 4 lime makrut leaves to grill), (30g galanga, 10 cloves, 5 shallots to mix).
- Dry pepper paste: 55g (soak and mix)
- 3 onions
- 3 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 packet of red curry powder
- Shrimp paste : 30g
- Palm sugar : 55g
- Sweetened condensed milk: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: 2 tablespoons
- Fish sauce: to taste!
- Water: 3 cups
- Peanuts: 85g (mix a little, not too small)
- Oil : 1 teaspoon
How to prepare a delicious Khmer curry
- Clean the chicken and cut it into pieces
- Cut the sweet potato and carrot into medium-sized slices, along with the onion.
- Add the coconut and oil and then add the dry chili paste with all the kreuong paste and shrimp paste to
so that there is a good smell
- Add chicken for a few minutes and add salt, palm sugar, fish sauce, red curry powder for a few minutes.
Then add water with the carrots and sweet potatoes until they are cooked, then add more water.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, onions and peanuts.
- Maintain the heat until the end of the cooking and taste.
Bon appétit and Happy Khmer New Year to all Cambodians!
> Learn more : What is the Khmer New Year?