Group activities for children in Burkina Faso
Planète Enfants & Développement organises groups offering children between 3 and 6 years old various activities hosted by social workers.
The different activities primarily involve free play but also directed activities such as:
– Expressive and creative activities (imagination, language, manual skills and abstract capabilities);
– Playful activities (strategy, logic, socialising, communicating);
– Sporting activities (socialisation, solidarity, physical capabilities, strategy and respect for rules and boundaries);
– Activities that introduce reading and maths;
– Outings to explore the environment (curiosity, understanding of social environment and the culture of Burkina Faso).
Through these activities, we work specifically on:
– Helping the children build resilience by developing their own resources and giving meaning to their experiences;
– Helping them manage problems such as shyness, lack of self-confidence, and delays in development with regard to intellect, language, motor skills, emotions, behaviour, etc.;
– Helping them express themselves verbally instead of acting out through physical violence, for example with an activity to unload and express their feelings through telling a story or drawing